Factories, buildings, or plants with numerous controllers are difficult to oversee and maintain. A simple and quick overview of your control landscape is becoming increasingly important. You also need precise and up-to-date information on status, topology, software versions, network addresses, current project, boot applications, and application parameters. The same applies to the possibility of installing new software versions centrally and quickly on all desired devices and creating security via automated backups. In short: You need a tool to efficiently create value in an industrial environment.
The CODESYS Automation Server is exactly this tool. It creates a digital image in the cloud of every physically existing controller. You have full access to this image. From there you can find and explore all controllers in your network. The Digital Twin is born.
What can the digital twin do for you?
Thanks to the concept of the Digital Twin, the CODESYS Automation Server offers a multitude of advantages and thus a significant added value for you:
- Central and easy management of all devices instead of management via external lists
- Clear and up-to-date display of diagnostic information for all managed devices
- Uncomplicated and time-saving rollout of identical applications on multiple devices
- Immediate visibility of project assignments to devices instead of externally managed assignment tables
Online Access to all important Device Data and Functions
- Adaptation of applications via parameter records – with only few clicks, no need for code changes
- Persistent storage of parameters possible
- Transmission of the real-time status of all managed controls
- Monitoring and visual representation of the current status
- Knowledge of the software version installed on each device
- Easy assignment of boot applications to controllers
- Installation of boot applications on any number of controllers
- Easy update of boot applications
- Display of the active application
- Display of the topological location within the network
- Localization on a geographical map
- Display of the location on individualized layouts (e.g. hall plans, electric cabinets)
- Increased security by setting user rights at server level
- Definition of user rights for PLCs
- Reduced time and effort for user administration
- Clarity thanks to central control of identity management
ONE APPLICATION ON ANY NUMBER OF PLCs
As a central interface, the CODESYS Automation Server allows users to install identical applications on a large number of PLCs in the shortest possible time. The result: A significant increase in efficiency along with a reduced susceptibility to errors.
EVERYTHING AT A GLANCE
With the help of the Digital Twin, you as a plant operator, application engineer or service technician always have a complete overview of your control networks that is precisely tailored to your needs. As the CODESYS Automation Server knows all PLCs in detail – in contrast to customary routers – it not only displays IP addresses but also the current software status of each device, the current application, and the application parameter sets connected to the devices. This allows you to detect immediately which controller needs a firmware update, whether a machine is in error-free operation, or which parameters can be used to optimize an application.
If you know the current status of your devices, you can react to a controller failure even if production does not stop or the failure would otherwise pass unnoticed. If, for example, the PLC of a mobile machine’s unit fails whose function is only used occasionally, you as the operator of the machine park will nonetheless see this immediately in the CODESYS Automation Server. This especially proves valuable if the machine in question is used someplace in the field.
BACKUP AND RESTORE IN CASE OF FAILURE OR REPLACEMENT
If a controller fails, the CODESYS Automation Server retains all information necessary to restore the previous, error-free status or even to configure a completely new device identically.
With additional functions, such as an integrated Ticket System and automated backups, the CODESYS Automation Server facilitates such tasks significantly, thus helping you to save time and money.